To tie your dog outside is simple. To tie him properly without any risks is much harder. It can actually be a complex task. But if you follow this step-by-step, you won’t have to worry about anything. And your dog will be safe!
- First, you need to determine where you want to tie him
- Decide what you want to tie your dog to
- Decide what you will use to tie your dog
- Make sure the area is free of obstacles
- At this point, you want to test the set-up
- Make it fun
- All set! Ready to have your dog on the tie-out
1. First, you need to determine where you want to tie him
If you have to choose between the front yard or backyard. Pick the backyard. You want your dog to lie down outside calmly and enjoy fresh air right? Right!
Furthermore, in the front yard, your dog will be disturbed by the constant passing cars, the people walking their dogs, etc.
Tying him where the distractions are at a minimum is the way to go. Also, you want to make sure your dog has access to shade at any given time. It can get really hot there in the sun.